Dr. Schalit offers laser hair removal treatments that can help you get rid of unwanted body hair. Laser hair removal halts hair growth with laser light energy and gives your skin a smoother appearance. Continue reading this blog to learn how you can prepare for a laser hair removal treatment, what to expect during and after your laser hair removal treatment, and how long the treatment lasts.
*Individual results may vary.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a laser-based procedure that eliminates unwanted hair. This laser treatment uses an energy beam to target the follicles, effectively destroying them and preventing new hairs from growing in their place. Laser hair removal is noninvasive.
Laser hair removal usually requires two to six sessions. The interval between your sessions depends on the treatment area.
How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal?
Before undergoing a laser hair removal procedure, here are ten tips to keep in mind:
- Consult your doctor about laser treatments to see if it will be right for you and what type of laser will be used.
- Shave the area where you will receive laser hair treatments 24 hours before your appointment so that it is clean and smooth for treatment.
- Avoid laser hair removal if you have an active skin infection because it can lead to complications.
- Don’t wax the treatment area at least 48 hours before laser hair removal.
- You need to remove all makeup from the area where you’ll get a laser hair treatment 48 hours before your session or when directed by a doctor.
- You should try to stay indoors or wear sunscreen whenever you go out 48 hours before your session to avoid tanning or getting a sunburn because it may increase your chance of burning.
- If you’re taking any medications that can affect blood clotting (such as aspirin), talk to your doctor about how and when to take them, so they don’t interfere with laser treatments.
- Stay away from laser treatments if you’re pregnant
- Ensure you use a gentle lotion on treated areas.
Request a Consultation
Simply fill out the form on this page, and one of our highly trained staff members at Dr. Schalit Cosmetic Facial Specialist will reach out to your promptly to schedule your appointment.
Which Area Can Laser Hair Removal be Applied?
Areas where laser hair removal can be applied include:
- Bikini line
What Should I Expect During Laser Hair Removal?
Your doctor will ask further questions about the hair you want to be removed and explain the entire procedure to ensure you’re well-informed about what the treatment entails.
Your doctor will ensure you wear protective eyewear during laser hair removal for your safety. Apart from your eyes, all the untreated areas of your body will also be fully covered.
If the treatment area is small, the procedure may only take a few minutes. However, it might last for more than one hour if you’re treating a large area.
What Should I Expect After Getting a Laser Hair Removal?
You can be assured that your skin will not be affected by laser hair removal because the laser targets the dark pigment in the hair follicle. However, you will notice a sensation of heat and some tenderness similar to waxing for approximately 24 hours.
Even though you won’t have any scars, your skin will appear pink or red following the treatment. It is important to avoid sunlight and tanning beds in between your laser hair removal sessions.
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost?
The cost of your laser hair removal depends mainly on the size of the area, your doctor’s experience, the location of the facility where you’ll be treated, and the number of sessions needed to complete the treatment.
How Long Does Laser Hair Removal Last?
Hair removal results are often difficult to predict. It lasts for several months for some people, while it might last for years for others. You should never forget that laser hair removal doesn’t guarantee permanent hair removal.
Am I a Good Candidate for Laser Hair Removal?
Yes, you’re a good candidate for laser hair removal if you’re not pregnant or nursing a child. Laser hair removal is well-suited for people with dark hair.
This office has hands down, the most outstanding, knowledgeable, and helpful staff. From my 1st phone call to my visits with Dr. Schalit are top notch. Thank you to Dr. Schalit for always taking good care of me!!
Take the Next Step
If you have further questions about laser hair removal, we encourage you to schedule a private consultation with us in Daytona Beach, Florida, today. Call us at (386) 252-6438 or fill out our convenient online contact form.