As people age, the structures that maintain the neck’s youthfulness begin to lose their elasticity. Eventually, the skin can sag away from the chin, leading to jowls. Fortunately, a neck lift by Dr. Schalit can help restore its youthful appearance. But are you a good candidate for it?
Neck Lift Overview
A neck lift is a surgical procedure that is similar to a facelift. Dr. Schalit begins surgery by making an incision, either under the chin or behind the ears. Following that, he tightens the neck muscles, removes any excess tissue, and stitches the chin back into position. The result is a tighter chin with less sagging, fat or jowling.
Neck lifts are major surgery and require substantial preparation and downtime. The procedure itself takes around four hours, after which, patients will need to wear a bandage for several days. Typically, patients go back to work after approximately ten days. However, you may have to wait longer before you can do vigorous physical activity.
Some patients may be a candidate for a combination neck lifts and facelift procedure. However, many choose for a neck lift alone since the neck and face don’t always appear to age at the same rate.
Best Candidates for Neck Lift Surgery
Are you a candidate for neck lift surgery?
Neck lift surgery patients should have realistic expectations for what the procedure can achieve. A neck lift will change the shape of your submental area, reducing the appearance of jowling or a double chin. And this will likely make you look younger.
Smoking harms your wellbeing in general. But further than that, it can also interrupt the healing process following surgery, leading to complications. For that reason, patients should avoid smoking both in the weeks running up to the procedure, and the weeks following it.
Lastly, the best candidates for neck lifts should be in good general health and should not have any conditions that might impair healing.
Request a Consultation
Simply fill out the form on this page, and one of our highly trained staff members at Dr. Schalit Cosmetic Facial Specialist will reach out to your promptly to schedule your appointment.
Benefits of a Neck Lift
The benefits of a neck lift with Dr. Schalit are tremendous:
- Reduce excess skin: Neck lifts remove tissue from the submental area that causes sagging or a “double-chin” effect
- Tightening of the neck area: By changing the shape and tension of the muscles under the chin, neck lifts can also give you the impression of weight loss
- Minimal scarring: Neck lifts minimize scarring by hiding incisions, usually under chin or behind the hairline, making them among the most discreet cosmetic surgeries available
- Boosted self-confidence: They can also boost your self-esteem by giving you the kind of neck you would choose if you were starting afresh
- Smoother skin: Lastly, neck lifts can smooth out skin, reducing crinkling and restoring its youthful tension.
This office has hands down, the most outstanding, knowledgeable, and helpful staff. From my 1st phone call to my visits with Dr. Schalit are top notch. Thank you to Dr. Schalit for always taking good care of me!!
Take the Next Step
If you have further questions about neck lifts, we encourage you to schedule a private consultation with us in Daytona Beach, Florida today. Call us at (386) 252-6438 or fill out our convenient online contact form.